Deka's Warranty Terms and Conditions
Important ceiling fan warranty information for owners and installers. Please read, complete reverse of this card and owner to retain. Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major fault and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
This product is covered for six (6) years int total consisting of a two (2) year in home warranty followed by a four (4) parts only warranty. Please note that remote controls (if applicable) and other accessories are covered for one (1) year from the date of purchase.
What is an in-home warranty? DEKA offers a two (2) year parts and labour warranty on ceiling fans installed within the coverage of our network of service agents and in cases where the product fails due to defective materials or workmanship.
This Warranty does not cover installation faults, house wiring faults, loose blades or damage of any kind. In areas outside of the coverage of our service agents, Jantec, will reimburse a standard fee of $88.00 (inc. GST) for consumers using their own electricians. Conditions apply and Jantec support must be contacted PRIOR to organising your own electrician. Under no circumstances will reimbursements be paid without prior consent of Jantec support.
Subject to your “Consumer Rights”, but otherwise to the maximum extend permitted by law, the DEKA warranty will NOT cover the below.
1. Where installation was not carried out by a licensed electrician or contractor
2. Products not installed as per the instruction manual and in accordance to SAA and local authority regulations.
3. Defect. Damage or failure resulting from misuse, accident, neglect, abuse, tampering, modifications or unauthorised repairs of any kind by any person.
4. Minor variations of speed may be evident even between same modelled fans. No two fans run exactly the same, even across all speeds.
5. Fan “wobbles” – Any wobble is usually caused by the mounting to the ceiling not being adequate or mismatched or out of alignment blades. Blades should not be mixed from one fan to another as the blades sets are balanced during production. Refer to the User Manual for more information.
6. Defect, damage or failure resulting from any acts of God, including damages from lightning, power grid fluctuations or power surges.
7. Damage caused by alternate power supplies, e.g. Solar inverters etc.
8. Disposable accessories, e.g. Batteries or light globes (unless otherwise stated)
9. "Night Noises" - intermittent humming or other influences from mains power delivery Infrastructure – Refer Manual for further information.
10. Water damage
11. The costs of renting, obtaining and using special equipment (i.e. scaffolding, scissor lifts etc) for accessing products installed at a height of greater than 3.5 metres
12. Liability for consequential loss or claims for damage to furniture, carpets, walls, ceilings, foundations or and other event either directly or indirectly resulting from a faulty product or accessory to the maximum extend permitted by law
This warranty is valid in Australia only.