Energy Efficient Lighting TipsThursday 3rd March 2011 11:22am
With the growing concern for our environment, nowadays, energy efficiency has been given more emphasis in homes and offices. Lighting Illusions takes part in conserving energy while providing brightness into your homes with well-designed and high quality products that can help you achieve greater energy savings.
Our knowledgeable staff at Lighting Illusions have provided several tips that can help you achieve better energy efficiency within your homes:
1. Always turn off the lights when not in use. Make sure that you turn off the lights whenever you leave a room.
2. Use fluorescent lighting and compact fluorescent globes for areas that need frequent lighting. A compact fluorescent globe use up 25% of the energy and lasts longer than incandescent globes.
3. Make a habit of cleaning or dusting off the light fixtures and globes at least once a week. Dusty and greasy light bulbs tend to reduce its lighting output. Make sure to regularly clean the light fixtures or bulbs to increase its illumination.
4. Use light coloured wall papers or paints. It is easier to illuminate light areas than dark coloured areas. Light is usually absorbed by dark colours while subtle or pastel colours reflect more brightness.
5. Use natural lighting. The windows provide natural light for your homes and offices so it is advisable to keep your curtains and blinds open.
6. Use energy saving downlights or use downlights with dimmers in areas that require less illumination such as dining areas and bedrooms.
9. Using sensor / security lighting with timers instead of leaving the exterior lights on all night. These devices turn on when they detect motion and should be positioned carefully to avoid false alarms. Leave a low-wattage wall or pillar lights on all night if needed.